- All teams participating at the “A”, “B” and “C” divisions will be guaranteed a minimum of three (3) games.
- Games will have 20 minute (stop time) halves. Shot clocks will be used for tournament games in all divisions.
- Due to insurance regulations, all teams and players must be registered with their provincial association.
- Transportation and hotel accommodation are a team responsibility (see the website for host hotel information). We ask all teams to please patronize our host hotel as they sponsor the tournament.
- Teams from Calgary must be available to play their first tournament game at:
6:00PM Thursday, January 24, 2019
Teams from outside of Calgary must be available to play their first tournament game at:
12:00 Noon, Friday, January 25, 2019
- If a referee wishes to travel with your team, please include his/her carded level, registration number, name, address, phone number, email address and team affiliations with your application.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR ALL TEAMS:
- All teams must apply online using the Tournament Application Form.
You can access the Application Form by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
Mailed, faxed or emailed applications are NOT acceptable.
Applications are NOT considered complete without payment of the entry fee.
- The entry fee is $750 and is due at the time of application.
- The closing date for applications is December 5, 2018
Teams have until this date to withdraw their application.
AFTER THIS DATE THE ENTRY FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Teams will be selected and notified of acceptance by December 7, 2018.
A list of successful applicants will be posted on our website
- If a team is not accepted they will refunded their Interac e-transfer payment or their cheque will be destroyed.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- Every effort will be made to provide teams with the best possible draw configurations. Absolutely no changes will be made to the game schedule once it is complete. We will consider special circumstances (ie. flight arrangements, shared bus travel), if they are provided BEFORE work commences on the schedule on or about December 11.
- The Game schedule will be posted on our website as soon as it is complete. (Team contacts will be notified by email that the schedule has been posted.). PLEASE be patient and allow our volunteers to enjoy the holiday season. DO NOT expect a schedule to be complete until approx. January 10th.
- COACHES PACKAGES: Prior to playing their first game, all coaches (or a team representative) are required to REGISTER their team by picking up their coach’s package. This must be done prior to playing your first game Thursday or Friday (depending on your team’s schedule) – location and times will be provided by email to all participating teams.
Teams who have not registered will forfeit any games played prior to picking up their coach’s package.
- MINOR OFFICIALS: Minor officials will be scheduled for final rounds (quarter, semi & final) tournament games. Minor officials are the responsibility of the Home team for all round robin games. Non-CORA teams who will have difficulty supplying Minor Officials should contact the Tournament Chair to request assistance. Any visiting teams wishing to have representation in the penalty box is free to do so, but not required.
CORA teams playing non-CORA teams will be required to have minor officials available for their round robin games, even if they are the visiting team on the scoresheet.
- SHOT CLOCK OPERATORS: Shot Clocks will be available at the arenas. Shot clock operators will be scheduled for final rounds (quarter, semi, final) tournament games. Shot clock operators are the responsibility of the Home team for all round robin games. Out-of-town teams who will have difficulty supplying shot clock operators should contact the Tournament Chair to request assistance.
CORA teams playing non-CORA teams will be required to have shot clock operators available for their round robin games, even if they are the visiting team on the scoresheet.
Volunteers will be required as before from CORA teams. Home CORA teams will be required to provide minor officials for all round robin games. If a CORA team is playing a team of outside Calgary, they will be responsible for minor officials even if they are the visiting team. Other volunteers for minor officials for playoffs, and table volunteers will be necessary and will be able to register online soon. Your team contact will be notified when their volunteers can sign up for spots.