- All teams participating at the “A”, “B” and “C” divisions will be guaranteed a minimum of three (3) games.
- Games will have 20 minute (stop time) halves. Shot clocks will be used for tournament games in all divisions.
- Due to insurance regulations, all teams and players must be registered with their provincial association.
- Transportation and hotel accommodation are a team responsibility (see the website for host hotel information). We ask all teams to please patronize our host hotel as they sponsor the tournament.
- ALL TEAMS must be available to play their first tournament game at:
8:00am, Friday, January 24, 2020
We will try to schedule out of town teams as late as possible, but timing of games cannot be guaranteed.
- If a referee wishes to travel with your team, please include his/her carded level, registration number, name, address, phone number, email address and team affiliations with your application.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR ALL TEAMS:
- All teams must apply online using the Tournament Application Form.
You can access the Application Form by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
- Faxed or emailed applications are NOT acceptable.
Acceptance to the tournament is NOT considered complete without a cashable cheque or electronic payment.
- CORA teams must send or e-transfer their entry fee when applying.
Teams from outside Calgary must send their entry fee immediately upon acceptance into the tournament.
Entry fee is $850.
- E-transfer payments can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheque: Payable to: CORA
Mail to: CORA Calgary Classic
c/o Ringette Calgary
2815C – 12th Street NE,
Calgary, Alberta T2E 7J2
- Please ensure that only one registration per team is entered and that your e-transfer/cheque clearly indentifies your team name and division.
Cheques for mailed team entry fees will be cashed upon acceptance into the tournament.
- The closing date for applications is December 6, 2019
- Teams will be selected and notified of acceptance by December 10, 2019. A list of successful applicants will be posted on our website. Once your team is accepted and payment has been made, the payment is non-refundable.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- Every effort will be made to provide teams with the best possible draw configurations. Absolutely no changes will be made to the game schedule once it is complete. We will consider special circumstances (ie. flight arrangements, shared bus travel), if they are provided BEFORE work commences on the schedule on or about December 15.
- The Game schedule will be posted on our website as soon as it is complete. (Team contacts will be notified by email that the schedule has been posted.). PLEASE be patient and allow our volunteers to enjoy the holiday season. DO NOT expect a schedule to be complete until approx. January 10th.
- COACHES PACKAGES: Prior to playing their first game, all coaches (or a team representative) are required to REGISTER their team by picking up their coach’s package. This must be done prior to playing your first game Thursday or Friday (depending on your team’s schedule) – location and times will be provided by email to all participating teams.
- MINOR OFFICIALS: Minor officials will be scheduled for final rounds (quarter, semi & final) tournament games. Minor officials are the responsibility of the Home team for all round robin games. Non-CORA teams who will have difficulty supplying Minor Officials should contact the Tournament Chair to request assistance. Any visiting teams wishing to have representation in the penalty box is free to do so, but not required.
CORA teams playing non-CORA teams will be required to have minor officials available for their round robin games, even if they are the visiting team on the scoresheet.
- SHOT CLOCK OPERATORS: Shot Clocks will be available at the arenas. Shot clock operators will be scheduled for final rounds (quarter, semi, final) tournament games. Shot clock operators are the responsibility of the Home team for all round robin games. Out-of-town teams who will have difficulty supplying shot clock operators should contact the Tournament Chair to request assistance.
CORA teams playing non-CORA teams will be required to have shot clock operators available for their round robin games, even if they are the visiting team on the scoresheet.
Volunteers will be required as before from CORA teams for minor officials for playoffs, and table volunteers. Registration online will be available soon. Your team contact will be notified when their volunteers can sign up for spots.