- Guaranteed Games:
Open A, B & C Divisions are guaranteed 3 Round Robin games in their 4 team pool. The Top 2 teams in each pool advance to their respective Division’s Quarter Final.
- Game Play:
All tournament games have 20 minutes stop time halves. No overtime in Round Robin games, as they can end in a tie. All Finals (Quarter, Semi, Gold Medal) games will have overtime periods. See Tournament Rules for full details.
Shot clocks will be used for all tournament games.
- All teams and players must be registered with their provincial association.
- There is no mandatory stay and play policy. We ask all teams needing accommodation to please patronize our host hotels as they support the tournament. See the website for host hotel information.
- CORA league teams MUST be available to play their first tournament game the morning of Friday, Jan 27th. Distance travel considerations are made in the tournament’s game schedule for out-of-province teams, to start in the afternoon/early evening on Friday, Jan 27th.
- If a referee wishes to travel with your team, please include their name, address, phone number, email address and team affiliations with your application.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- Every effort will be made to provide teams with the best possible draw configurations. Absolutely no changes will be made to the game schedule once it is complete.
- The Game schedule will be posted on our website as soon it is complete (possibly late December 2022), no later than the first week of January PLEASE be patient and allow our volunteers to enjoy the holiday season. DO NOT expect a schedule to be complete and posted before January 1st.
Coaches packages are available for pick up at the Tournament Table before the team’s first scheduled tournament game. Coaches packages will no longer be available for pick up after the end of the last game on Friday.
- All CORA teams designated as HOME team in the tournament are required to supply 3 minor officials (shot clock operator/timekeeper/penalty box worker) for ALL Round Robin GAMES. CORA teams designated as VISITOR will supply the scorekeeper and are asked to assist non-CORA teams designated as HOME teams with minor officials coverage in Round Robin Games if needed. Minor officials are supplied from the entered CORA League 2022-23 teams volunteer pool for (i) all non-CORA teams playing one another in Round Robin games (if required) and (ii) all Finals (Quarters, Semis, and the gold medal final) round games.
- Shot clock controllers will be available for pickup at the respective arena’s Tournament Control desk and will require a set of keys or id to be left to ensure their return after the game is finished.
City of Calgary Specific – Covid Measures Compliance
While there are no current restrictions regarding vaccinations or masking due to COVID-19, requirements for entry to indoor public spaces (tournament areas) may change before the commencement of the tournament.
- All teams must apply online using the Tournament Application Form.
You can access the Application Form by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
$975 entry fee
- CORA LEAGUE 2022-23 teams entering must pay full $975 entry fee by Interac eTransfer (email to email@example.com) at time of application and apply prior to Friday, Nov 11th to be eligible for the CORA league early bird entry period. This early bird entry does not necessarily give your team a guaranteed berth into the tournament. It will put you in an initial draw for the first 50% of the tournament positions. If your early bird entry is not selected in that round, then it will be put back in to the general draw for the remaining 50% of the spots at the end of the application period.
- Non-CORA Teams must pay a $375 entry fee deposit by Interac eTransfer (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) at time of application and apply by 11:59 pm on Tues, Nov 30 for their application to be considered. The $600 remainder of their CORA Classic 2023 entry fee is due within 72 hours of their acceptance notification email.
- The $375 entry fee deposit is fully refundable if a team withdraws prior to 11:59 pm on Tues, Nov 30, 2021 by notifying the CORA Classic 2023 Tournament at email@example.com
- The $375 entry fee deposits are fully refundable if any team is not selected and will be notified of their non-acceptance on or before Dec 6.
- The $375 entry fee deposit is non-refundable if a team choses to withdraw after Nov 30th and/or after notification of acceptance on or before Dec 6.
Volunteers will be required as before from CORA teams for minor officials for playoffs, and table volunteers. Your team contact will be notified to complete the Volunteer Signup Form.